Who doesn’t love jam? You can slather it onto a scone or your morning toast. Add it to porridge or to some crunchy granola.
Even if you don’t love jam, you will love this recipe.
The best part? It is sugar free. You can use any sweetener you like or even opt for no sweetener at all.
The second best part? Chia is such an amazing seed packed to the brim with health benefits. Chia seeds are loaded with anti-oxidants; packed with nutrients including calcium, magnesium, phosphorous; they’re full of fiber; high in protein; high in Omega-3 fatty acids (healthy fats!) and the list just continues. They are the definition of a superfood.
What does this mean? It means that a simple breakfast of jam on toast becomes an amazingly beneficial breakfast. A simple addition of this jam to your baby’s meal not only elevates its taste, but ensures baby is getting so many added health benefits including getting those all important healthy fats, getting in fiber (we want them to be regular, right?) and so much more!
So, here is the easy peasy chia seed jam recipe:
Here we’re using raspberries, but any berries would work. You can also use fresh or frozen berries or experiment with other fruits too!
- 250g of raspberries
- 30ml of your sweetener of choice (maple syrup, agave syrup, honey or no sweetener at all)
- 2 tablespoons of chia seeds
- Blend fruit in food processor
- Add chia and sweetener and blend again. Allow to rest for a minute so the chia seeds swell.
- Blend again
- Pour mixture into jar and allow to rest for a couple of minutes.
- Mix with a spoon and put into fridge.
Voila, your jam is ready!